Monday, March 4, 2013

Using Collections to Decorate Your Home

Last week, when I was in Tampa, I saw this beautiful collection of sea shells on a wall. I thought it was so lovely, I wanted to share it with you. This first one is a nod to "specimen art." I love the symmetry of this display.


Of course, collections don't have to be this regulated. Below is a collection of plates in an arch published by mmmcrafts.

mmmcrafts blog
 
Then, there's the approach of random placement. What I love about this is the pops of color amoung the white plates. This is from sugarderby.com
 
 
Lastly, I love the idea of taking different, but related items and using them to create a collection. Take a look at this beautiful example from balancinghome.com.
 

How have you used collections in your home decorating?

No comments: