Monday, July 29, 2013

Guest Blogger: Karen Larko

I have been following the work of Karen Larko from the blog "Umelecky RANDOM SALVAGE" for a while now. I love her work which ranges from jewelry to needlework to repurposing cast-off items. Recently I learned that not only is she a talented mixed media artist but that she's a really cool person (of course anyone who loves Diane Keaton is pretty cool in my book).

The blog post below is gave me the courage to admit that I am an art/craft supply hoarder and that, like Karen, I am hanging to my stuff because some day it might be something beautiful!

Wood Scraps and Modpodge


The mixed media work of Karen Larko of umelecky RANDOM SALVAGE

A couple of months ago we had some construction going on here. The man who was hanging the drywall had some scraps of wood left over and asked me if I would like to keep them for my outdoor fireplace. Being the hoarder that I am, I grabbed a few of them up for a future crafty project. Does hoarding count if you actually use the stuff you save? Just wondering because...

To read more of Karen's post, click here.
 

No comments: