Thursday, September 12, 2013

Haleighanna's Hands: Art Journal Thursday

Welcome to a brand new feature of Haleighanna's Hands--Art Journal Thursday. I am excited to unveil this because:

I love art journaling
Having a weekly feature will make me art journal more
My art journal helps me work out stuff. Stuff in my life. Stuff in my heart. Stuff in my toolbox.

So here's the first installment.

This piece is called "Haunted."

I had to rework a page (if you know me or read my blog you'll be familiar with that). I rework a lot of stuff. So I added tissue paper to cover up what I didn't like and added some metallic paint.

I doodled on masking tape.

I can't draw people well. Because of this, I don't have a lot of them in my art. So I was trying to create shapes using paper. The jury is out on the technique.

The word exhausted is from a large print book, mounted on a piece of cardstock and then distressed with a black gelato.

I incorporated the hand-drawn heart shape from "Heart's Progression" into this piece. In fact, I liked this shape (broken heart with jagged teeth) so much, I made three templates in different sizes. The heart itself is canvas, painted with both a metallic black and metallic antique gold. It is anchored to the page with a scrap piece of fabric.

Tim Holtz Bigz "Halloween Shadows" die.

I needed some more stark, dark pieces to convey the sad, haunted feeling. So I used some black cardstock and a Tim Holtz die to cut out the fence and tree.

Used StazOn Ink in black

Lastly, I grabbed a very old, but well loved stamp of a locked heart. I wanted another image to reinforce the haunted idea.

So, that's the first installment of Art Journal Thursday! Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: