Thursday, September 19, 2013

Haleighanna's Hands: Now What? (Art Journal Thursday)


This page is called "Now What?" In the last two months, my life has radically changed. I quit my job, moved across the country, and am trying to build a new life. For the first few weeks, I was busy being busy--unpacking, figuring how where things were in the city, etc. But now things have calmed down. I am now into the day-to-dayness of life. That's when the question, "Now what?" reared it's ugly, nagging little head.

I used a lot of elements in this page to represent the fullness of my life. I do have a full life, even if uncertainty is currently king of my thoughts. I have a wonderful husband who makes me laugh everyday. I have two lovely daughters who make me proud. Lots of friends I can call when I get lonely. I get to work on art almost every day. I am blessed. But the question still remains, "now what?".

Hand ruffled muslin with black French knots.

Walnut ink stained tag and 7 Gypsies metal embellishments.

Ruffled patterned paper--ruffled using glue and my fingers. 

Tissue tape made from tissue scraps and double-sided tape.

Since there aren't any ready answers to that question, it is on to the next art journal page.

No comments: