Monday, September 9, 2013

Haleighanna's Hands: Heart's Progression

 
 
I am blessed. Me and mine are healthy, have friends, and have enough. But blessings come in all sizes and types. Some of them are pretty and warm the heart (like the friend who called yesterday to remind me who I am and to tell myself the truth). Some of them are ugly and painful (like another friend who shared with me the agony of a recent betrayal).

I am grateful for both friends. I needed the strength of the friend who called me to remind me that I am loved by the Most High God. She has seen me at my worst, knows pretty much everything about me and (although I am forever shocked by it) still loves me. In fact, she likes me.

The friend whose life has been turned upside down shared with me the vulnerability of her heart, it's tattered edges, the break it has suffered right down the middle. I have been there; hell we've all been there. Someone we loved left us, hurt us, lied to us. While no one wants it or really wishes it for another, pain and strife are really great teachers.

Both of these friends and their words inspired a new piece of art. It is called "Heart's Progression."


 



Sadly, the only way through any struggle is through. I know that there have been a lot of times that I have wanted to give up or drown my sorrows in other things. But, I know that Winston Churchill was right when he said, "If you are going through hell, keep going." 
 
 
BTW: all the images and content in this blog are copyrighted.
© 2013 Holly Ann Shaw. All rights reserved.

No comments: