Thursday, November 14, 2013

Art Journal Thursday: Fly


There are some things that I don't want anymore. Similar to my recent need to use what I have on hand and weed out the things that I no longer need (i.e., out of focused photos, clothes, art supplies and the like), I decided to look at some emotions that I could do without. I think sometimes we keep thoughts and feelings that used to serve us or came to us legitimately, but have now outlived their usefulness. This page expresses the desire to live out of something else.

I opened my stash of rub-ons to help create texture.

I used a red paint pen to create the "crown" border.

More rub-ons and my handwriting. The letters were rub-ons that I then went back over with a red paint pen.

The background was created using a palette knife, layering on titian buff, black and turquoise acrylic paint.

What things or emotions are you wanting to get rid of in your life?


3 comments:

goldencomet said...

I love this! Decluttering at its best. Thinking of doing something similar with fabric.

Thanks for sharing.

tradeashesforbeauty said...

I’d like to link this page to my blog. Would you be ok with that? Love this concept and want to make sure you get credit for it! Tradeashesforbeauty@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

I just like to thank you for this is exactly the therapy I need.! Great art and design