Thursday, October 31, 2013

Art Journal Thursday: Don't Wait


One of the key themes of my life is the struggle with patiently waiting. Or impatiently waiting for that matter. After I got the composition down, the phrase, "Don't wait until Spring to grow," just keep playing in my head. With the flowers, it seemed appropriate. I didn't question it, I just followed my gut. It wasn't until I started writing this blog that the theme emerged. I guess I am still waiting on something...but I don't know what it is. I guess I'll just have to keep working in my art journal until it becomes clearer or another theme rears its ugly head.

Used a palette knife to spread three different colors over to create the background.

As you know, I keep trying different things. But one thing that I do return to time and again is my palette knife. I like the randomness of spreading the paint; it can be very satisfying to wipe the paint on the page without a clear idea of where it will land. If you don't like it's resting place, you can always add another layer of paint.

The flowers were cut from complementary scrapbooking papers.
 
 
I used the top of a pen to dipped in paint to create these circles.


I created stems and twigs and then used the ripped paper as a hill to ground the flowers.

Using Tim Holtz plastic letters as a template, I painted the words and then added depth by using a brush marker.

No comments: